Thursday, April 3, 2008

so how was the war

I just finished my little adaptation - well - finished shooting it. We wrapped last Sunday actually but I seriously needed like 4 days to recover from it. Its crazy how I live completely on adrenalin while I'm directing. I don't get tired, I just get wired and weird.
Right now we're in day 2 of shooting my DP's film. Its a bigger production, with lots of locations, and a crazy camera, but its a great script and I have a feeling its going to be a good one. I'm assistant camera on it which is good - learning tons.
My film worked out pretty good. This time I decided to let go of being so controlling over the shots. I set the frame and trusted my dp to do it which allowed me to focus completely on the actors. SUCH A BETTER EXPERIENCE when you decide to hand over control to someone else. I think I checked the frame like 8 times total in the 2 days we shot - which is a record....
One thing I learned the most about is the importance of casting. I kinda wasnt too stoked on how things turned out with my actor, but it is what it is. It was rushed in the end.
I've been listening to bon iver kindof religiously lately. I would recommend it highly.. skinny love

No comments: