Wednesday, April 23, 2008

american pyscho

i'm showing my rough cut to Mary Harron tomorrow. Escary. She's very blunt about what she thinks. She's taken over my directing class because my prior teacher got really sick.
Mary Harron said that she hates student films because they always have an epiphany in the end and that they lack the texture of real life. For example, you put a black guy from the hood with a jewish guy from the upper east side and a an old man from michigan together in brooklyn and they all talk the same.
I thought that was pretty funny. I really like her films though and respect her style - thats one thing that makes her even more intimidating. She directed American Pyscho and I Shot Andy Warhol, which I saw when I like 13, and I guess most recently she directed the Notorious Betty Paige which I have yet to see.

Tonight David Mamet is coming to talk to us. The thing is I don't really know that much about him but everyones shitting their pants about it.

Its warm here in NYC and I CANT WAIT FOR SUMMER TIME. I have to get a job asap. I'm leaving for Peru in late May and then I have to get a job - anyone?

1 comment:

esther said...

that's one of jim's fav directors. talk to him. i can't wait to see ur work this weekend! xo!