Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Peru!

I'm sitting in my grandmothers house in the district of Miraflores, which is a neighborhood here in Lima. I flew overnight so I feel pretty out of it. I never can sleep on the plane, ever.
Tomorrow and Thursday I'm just going to wander around and take some spanish classes so I can be a better Peruvian. I understand it all but when I try to speak, its jibberish.
Friday we leave for Ica, a different city in southern Peru to go to see a horse contest. In Peru, they have amazing horses that were bread to traverse the desert here so they walk a crazy way that I can't explain. Maybe I'll take a little video...Anyways, Ica is where they make Pisco - the peruvian liqour of choice.
Its rad here btw and I wish I could spend more time traveling in other parts of the country and South America. I was on the plane and these two girls my age were backpacking through here.... one day.